Continue reading “Wilson Miscamble’s new biography of Theodore Hesburgh”
Six years ago today, I went to Pepperdine for a job interview. It was my first time on campus and I remember it distinctly. I met some of my current colleagues during the first two interviews, both of which were held in a room that I’ve walked by all the time since then yet, oddly enough, have never entered again. I had lunch with two faculty, and we sat outside of the cafeteria and looked at the beautiful ocean in the distance.
Continue reading ““Absolute unity of evening”: A vocational anniversary of mine”
Vietnamese Engagement with Global and Transnational Catholicism: New Directions in Scholarship
Association of Asian Studies, Annual Conference, Denver
March 22, 2019 @ 1:30 PM – 3:15 PM
Silver, Tower Bldg.; Mezzanine Level
- Organizer & chair: Tuan Hoang, Pepperdine University
- Presenter 1: Anh Tran, SJ, Santa Clara University
- Presenter 2: Lan Ngo, SJ, Loyola Marymount University
- Presenter 3: Claire Lien Tran, Institut de Recherche sur l’Asie du Sud-Est Contemporaine (Thailand)
- Presenter 4: Ngoc-Mai Phan, University of California, Berkeley
- Discussant: Charles Keith, Michigan State University
Continue reading “Abstracts of panel on Vietnamese Catholicism at AAS 2019”
You must be logged in to post a comment.